HTML functionality added to WYSIWYG footnotes
General technical tweaks to the footnotes.
• Need more heading levels – one isn’t enough. We often go down to three, and we use a mixture of numbers, letters, roman numerals, and bullets depending on the nature of the clause. If possible, we need to be able to choose which one to use and when, as different formats get used depending on the nature of the footnote. Numbering will always be the main list level, but we need to be able to select a format for sub levels and the tab positioning.
• Is there any way we can override the numbering in the lists? Currently if you use a sub level the numbering of the main list restarts at 1 and there is no way to continue/override it.
• I tried to do it manually instead of using the lists function, but there is no way to use tabs to indent the sub levels and if you use spaces, it doesn’t export properly. If none of the above is possible, could we put tab functionality in? I can then create the various sub levels manually, as long as I can get them to indent/ line up.
• The box for footnotes – can we make it expandable/ so it can be dragged out? Currently it is a set size but it makes it awkward to read the lengthy notes. Particularly where there is a table – you have to scroll up and down at the same time as right to left.
Specific technical stuff for financial remedies
• The headings for some of the sections aren’t linked (such as ‘recitals’ or ‘orders’) this means we can add the footnotes to them. Can we make all the headings linked? I’m not sure how the page would look though – it might look a bit weird. If it does, do you have any suggestions for where to link the footnotes to?